Monday, April 17, 2006

Peanut Butter Eggs

Have you ever had peanut butter and eggs on toast before? I was really skeptical the first time Jen and I made this -- peanut butter on eggs? It seemed crazy. Jen swore it was really good, and it is. Trust me.

Scramble some eggs and toast some bread. Spread peanut butter on the toast, and then spread the scrambled eggs over the top of the peanut butter and eat. It couldn't be any simpler or faster to prepare.

I would avoid putting salt or pepper in the eggs as you scramble them. The peanut butter has enough salt, and pepper just tastes odd with peanut butter. I've found that the slower I cook scrambled eggs, the better they turn out. Further, I like this dish best with eggs that are more on the undercooked side.

Jen and I enjoyed this for breakfast just yesterday morning.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?