Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Buffalo Burgers, Take 1

I purchased a frozen pack of four fairly thin buffalo patties from Whole Foods and tried making buffalo burgers.

The first thing I did was fry some onions in olive oil. Near the end I added salt and pepper and transferred the onions to the oven, setting it to warm.

Next I added smooshed garlic to the pan, fried that for a while, and then threw in two buffalo patties. To properly cook the meat it took four minutes on each side. At three minutes for the second side I put a slice of cheddar and a slice of provolone on each of the patties and put a top on the pan.

Once the patties were finished I places each between two pieces of toasted bread. I used garlic aioli on the bread and added onions, tomato , and lettuce. With the second two pieces I tried making a double cheeseburger, but the bread wasn't right. I used crumpets, which tasted great but weren't big enough to accommodate a double cheeseburger.

Next time I want to do everything the same except I'll cook all four patties at once on the large griddle pan, and buy real buns large enough to accommodate double buffalo burgers. We'll see how that goes.

Comments:
*YOU* cook??? Is this the same Rourke McNamara I knew in Philly?
 
Well, these were burgers. Does that really qualify as cooking? Jen says that I only cook things that are unhealthy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?